April showers bring May flowers....and spring FASHION!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

So spring is here in full force, and I've been looking at casual, spring fashion. The casual look that I think anyone can pretty much wear is the belted cardigan. It works for a professional work day or a lazy afternoon of brunch and shopping. For a 9-5, pair them with dress pants or a pencil skirt. For the weekend, pair them with cute ballet flats and skinny jeans or shorts. Now you're comfortable, looking cute, and all ready to go!

Yesterday, I wore a pair of skinny jeans, black ballet flats, a black cardigan, a white tank, and a skinny yellow belt. Too bad my fiance said that it looked like I was doing martial arts or something with the belt around my cardigan (sigh, boys will never understand ladies' fashion!) The outfit looked something like this....


This isn't the exact belt I wore, but it looks similar to this. The one I wore was only $2.50 on sale at Forever 21.

A "jackie" cardigan from J. Crew

Ribbed white boyfriend tank from Old Navy

Mia ultra skinny jeans from Express

Ute flats from Aldo


Here's how you can wear the look for work:




Here's how you can wear the look for a casual weekend:


Don't be afraid to wear bright colored belts because it adds that extra splash of color for your outfit. And the great thing about this trend is that you can find cheap belts in all different colors and styles, so there's no need to splurge!

3 comments: to “ April showers bring May flowers....and spring FASHION!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin