Confessions of another shopaholic.....

Thursday, April 16, 2009























So lately, I've been doing way too much shopping. I feel like I use shopping as an outlet to relieve stress or make myself feel better when i'm feeling down. I was watching the episode on "How I Met Your Mother" season 3 where Lily has a shopping problem and is in a lot of debt but can't find the courage to tell her husband. Luckily, I don't really have much debt because I am able to pay my credit card off pretty quickly and don't have a lot of student loans to worry about because thankfully my parents paid for all of my schooling. I also don't have a million credit cards. I just have 2. But my fiance has a lot of debt right now, and instead of helping him pay off his debt, I've been selfishly buying useless things to fulfill my needs. And in the last month, I spent over $3,000! Granted, most of the money I spent was because I bought a dog, but that's a whole other story.


But i find myself buying things that I definitely don't need, and I have way too many shoes (is it possible for a girl to have too many shoes?). But the thing is I don't believe in spending hundreds of dollars on shoes, but I'm willing to buy an $800 designer purse. And lately, I feel like I've been more stressed and upset, so I've been shopping more and more. But most of the shopping I do is online, which can be really deadly. Sometimes, I just say I'm going to browse on the website, but of course that doesn't work and i end up buying something that I don't need or will only wear a few times.

I have been trying to control my shopping habits, but i just love shopping. I guess in a way, it makes me feel better about myself when I'm feeling down. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a better job of controlling myself especially with the summer coming and all the cute summer dresses and shoes that will be coming out!





Ahhhh, do they have such a thing as a shopaholics anonymous???

7 comments: to “ Confessions of another shopaholic.....

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin