Prix-fixe it up!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Thank you so much for everyone's wonderful suggestions on my last post. You guys are the best! Some of you suggested that I try Zumba, pilates, various other activities, get a workout buddy, or try motivational music. I will definitely look into these because they are great ideas. Kristin suggested that I try 30 Day Shred. I actually heard of this before and heard that it worked well, but I never got around to trying it. I finally just ordered it from Amazon, and it will be here soon. Just 30 minutes a day doesn't seem that bad right??? I can do that!

On another note, I just love fancy restaurants that have prix-fixe (pronounced like "prefix") menus. If you don't know what it is, it's "a collection of pre-determined items presented as a multi course meal at a set price". A lot of the places that I've seen are set at around $25 for a 3 course meal, but of course the prices vary depending on the restaurant. They also usually give you a few different food options to choose from. You can get good food for decent prices. It's even better when they're like four or five star restaurants because you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars but still get your money's worth!

An example appetizer (eggplant and tomato):


An example entree (pan-seared halibut and greens):


An example dessert (crème brulée with fresh fruit):


Sometimes restaurants have prix-fixe menus weekly, sometimes they dedicate a whole week or even a month to it. It really depends on the restaurant and what they offer.

You could possibly go to chic restaurants like these for less than what they normally charge:


The only catch is that usually drinks are not included, so if you get a lot of drinks, your bill can add up...

But find out if your dream fine dining restaurant has a prix-fixe menu and enjoy a fancy night out without leaving a huge dent in your wallet!

Don't you just love how I follow up a work-out post with a "stuff your face and eat" post? =P

27 comments: to “ Prix-fixe it up!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin