Workouts for the lazy...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

So no matter how much I tell myself I will workout everyday, it never works! I'm either too lazy or too tired to get off my butt to workout.


I have tried all sorts of things unsuccessfully:
  • I bought a gym membership which didn't work because I never went
  • I bought a cute workout outfit to motivate me, but the tags are still on them
  • I bought the Wii Fit which I only used 2 or 3 times and is now collecting dust
  • I bought a couple Pilates videos to do at home, but those too are collecting dust
  • I joined a running club that meets once a week, but I only went a few times and stopped
  • I've tried to do lunges, squats, and crunches at home but that lasted a week, and I stopped
I will always start a new workout regimen and only do it for a little bit and then stop. It's become a vicious pattern.

I'm by no means overweight at all (I'm petite and slim), but I don't feel healthy because walking up flights of stairs leaves me out of breathe (sad, I know!). I really need to get back into shape. I feel weak now and want to tone up my body. I used to work out all the time in high school. I was even on the track and cross country team, but now I've become such a lazy sac. Granted high school was years ago, but I still should be taking better care of my body and health.

I wish I could have a body like these hotties:


But then I would need to workout like crazy and maybe get a boob job, haha. To all of you supermodels, way to make the rest of us ladies look bad!! =P I also wanted to get a personal trainer, but that costs more money. And why are gym memberships so expensive these days???

I really need to get my act together and start working out this summer when I have more time. Sigh, too bad it's easier said than done!

39 comments: to “ Workouts for the lazy...

  • umama
    June 6, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

    So true! I am a member at nysc... pay my monthly dues and all... but I haven't been there since January *new year's resolution time*

    Butttt... I did get myself into a kickboxing class once a week, and it's a blast so it keeps me coming regularly!

  • Sherin
    June 6, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

    Don't worry. I'm going through the same thing. Maybe you should join a class at the gym. I started going to a boxing session and had so much fun that I kept going. Its been a year and a half now...

  • Lindsay
    June 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

    Wow, I am just like you! I haven't worked out in ages and when I do workout... it's like once ever few months. I get into this mindset that "I'm gonna do it"... and it works! but only for about a week. I too have bought pilates dvds, a yoga mat so the tile won't hurt my back while I do yoga or pilates at home, dumb bells so I can work out at home, my mother even gave me her "leg magic" (which works by the way! I know this b/c i've used it maybe twice and it's really hard) but I've left that at my parents house! I am like you, thin so no one understands why I beat myself up about my health. I tell them, "I'm a fat, unhealthy person in a skinny body" I can't run very far, when i walk up a flight of stairs at my university, I'm always breathing hard, and I'm not toned at all!

    Maybe we can team up and motivate each other to do a lil something everyday! (or every other day to just start out lol) I've had this idea to start a "tone up challenge" (or something) on my blog so whoever wants to participate can. I know I need some accountability! We can be virtual "workout" buddies lol I have a wedding in exactly 1 YEAR (from yesterday, the 5th lol) so there's finally some incentive!

  • Tali
    June 6, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

    I so get you. Im so lazy and ive pretty much done all your steps (gym membership, outfit, wii, pilates videos..and way more and never done them!) Luckily i am in pretty good shape naturally my body type is like Adriana Lima's in that picture.. but I feel so unhealthy about being so lazy. I as I type am eating my 3rd bar of chocolate today!!

    Keep us updated maybe as a blogging group (even if it only lasts 2 weeks.. 2 weeks is still something) we can motivate eachother and do something!

    ps.Marissa Miller's stomach scares me!

  • Mo
    June 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

    It helps to have a friend go with you, because someone else is depending on you to go work out!

    I agree, I'd love to have a body like that too, but then I'd never be able to eat junk food and I'd have to grow four inches on my legs. =)

    Good luck!

  • Kelly
    June 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

    thats the story of my life. hahah i've done practically everything on your list and i still dont / wont work out. i know its bad but one day soon i hope ill kick that non working out bad habit!

    good luck with the giveaway!

  • drollgirl
    June 6, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

    god, i hear you on this!!! i struggle with the exercise thing too, and i need it much more than you do! lord it would be nice to have the bodies above while eating what you wanted and not bothering to exercise. wah. wish it was that simple!

  • Rain
    June 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

    I am also to lazy to workout!

    People just have to accept the way I look :)

  • Justine
    June 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

    I know what you mean. It can be really difficult to motivate myself, too. It especially sucks when you see picture of gorgeous models while just finishing an ice cream sundae. That's never happened to me... right. I try to make a list of the goal number of exercise I do a week and check it off as I go. So far it's working...

  • Ali
    June 6, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

    Oh, don't we all feel this way?

    Yes, we do. ;)

    It ain't easy, but the key is finding something you love. Do you have a dog? If so, try taking him for a walk...my sister and I do this now, and we love it...especially since we're giving our dogs exercise too!

    Of course, you may have already thought about this tactic. In which case...ignore me. :)

  • loveology
    June 6, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

    Ooh i recognise completely!
    But i hate sports...can't help myself.
    ;)

    Mila
    <3

  • .
    June 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

    Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! I appreciate you all! I will keep you posted. We all need some motivation working out, but we can do it!

  • paula
    June 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

    too funny. I used to dread working out but after a few months of making myself go now I really cant stand it when I don't. It's like a drug.

  • .
    June 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

    aHahah omg i love this post.. these are the EXACT thoughts i think all the time.. i manage to get my butt to pilates class. I think you might enjoy it since u seem a lot like me! It always motivates me since it's so fun and it doesn't feel like working out. Pilates in real life is a lot funner since u work with tons of equipment and u get motivated by the class and teacher! Also try ZUMBA class! It's so much fun! It's like dancing but you get a really crazy workout. Also try a spinning class.. those are intense and will get your body in shape in no time if u just wanna tone out.. u probably only need to do it once a week!

  • BonBon Rose Girls Kristin
    June 6, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

    Try 30 Day Shred! It's less than 30 mins. It goes so fast and gets you in shape super fast!

  • Darrah
    June 6, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

    I started wakeboarding, and it's proved to be a really good workout! I should probably get into a routine this summer though.

  • Sylvia
    June 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

    Yeah, I know what you mean! Sometimes I just don't feel like working out. But I always work out with a friend. I love going biking, on walks, and swimming. And Richard Simmons is amazing, by the way. You just have got to go into it realizing how ridiculous it is, and you'll have tons of fun. He's actually a real sweetheart! And zumba classes are so, so much fun! Get a work out buddy: that would be my advice!

  • Cheerfully Charmed
    June 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

    Oh how I wish I was a die hard work out chick too! It just doesn't work!

    The only thing that actually gets me going is a really good play list...angry girl music like Kelly Clarkson! Try it! :)

  • Unknown
    June 7, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

    all the gyms in milan loves me because I pay for a membership and never go there ehehe!! the only "workout" for me it's swim or walk!!

  • Lily
    June 7, 2009 at 4:40 AM  

    Ha! If you don't need to lose weight, why bother? I would NEVER exercise if I was naturally thin.

    I have joined sooo many gyms and not gone and tried sooo many expensive ways of exercising. It's such a waste of time. If you MUSt exercise, I think the best thing to do is to just go for a walk. It's free and easy and enjoyable (one you get the motivation to put your sneakers on and leave the house..).

  • ~ ennui ~
    June 7, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

    Firstly, these girls pictured are freaks of nature and genetically altered somehow- this I am sure of. Secondly, don't be so hard on yourself everyone goes through a lazy time.
    Try Yoga....it really is a workout and it will help with your breathing.
    xoxo

  • Unknown
    June 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

    AMEN. I have not only been procrastinating on working out ..but on writing a post about it too... as if once I commit to writing it down, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO START!! ugh, but then I get mad at myself for not making the lifestyle change ...cuz really, that's what it's going to have to be or I will repeat the same pattern of not following through. soon. SOONNNN :)

  • The Sydney Girl
    June 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

    hi love! it is hard to be motivated but start off small. go one day a week. see how you go? :) it's working for me. i just haven't gone the last few weeks cause i had the flu. will be back into it this week.

    xxx
    sydneygirl

  • Aline
    June 7, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

    I finally ditched my gym membership and splurged for an at home elliptical. I use a workout video, and I too, have not used my wii fit as much as I should!

    why can't I just wake up looking like Miranda tomorrow!!!

  • FEDERICA
    June 8, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

    Don't worry! It's the same thing for every girl!
    I always go to the gym, but I do not ever get a body like those....
    I'm beautiful inside! Ha ha ha! :-)

  • kadler
    June 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

    Haha, I'm totally with you. I start and stop everything. If you find something that works, please let us know!

  • Christina Lee
    June 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

    I hear ya girl! My dog is the reason I walk everyday-at least I do that!

  • {The Perfect Palette}
    June 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

    its tough :( but i find that the areobic classes really help me. I look forward to them.

  • josie(bean)
    June 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

    hah, wouldnt we all love VS model bodies! :P but yeah, im completely like you in that i used to play a lot of sports in HS, but havent even gone to the gym since i started college! working out is such a pain, but maybe we should just take small steps and try using stairs instead of elevators so that we dont look like we are panicking for breath + covered in sweat (which i do after running up a mere 2 floors...!)

    *here's sending you some girl power motivation! hehe

  • Elizabeth Marie
    June 8, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

    I know how you feel...if it wasn't for my psycho trainer who calls me 5x a day, I would never work out, but I would buy all the gym memberships and dvds, and everything. UGH I just want to look like Miranda Kerr! :)

    I say, go for the bangs!! XOXO

  • Nikolett
    June 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

    Ahhh, gym memberships are WAY too expensive. And I'm always so intimidated whenever I go, especially since I tend to workout on the floor where all the men are at. This sounds like such a shameless plug, but exercisetv.tv is an amazing site with free workouts, so that helps me to workout at home!

    And now I feel like I have to workout after looking at those amazing bodies!

  • Anonymous
    June 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

    Perhaps some healty competetion and motivation with another unhealthy friend? That always helps me out

  • B
    June 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

    polka dots = adore

  • Kristina x
    June 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

    I was the BIGGEST procrastinator.. Hated the whole exercise idea..
    Found a friend that would yell at me if i missed a pilates class or cardio session!
    Tough love, hopefully my thighs will be thanking me for this later!..
    At least i can justify eating chocolate cake now!

  • Keli
    June 9, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

    i am the exact same way. if you find something that you end up sticking to, please post about it so the rest of us can try to follow your lead!!

  • evelyn
    June 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

    lol!! u sound just like me! i always say to myself..i will exercise and all and i end up not doing it...especially now that i am on summer vacation instead of exercising i spend my time being lazy and using the computer ;o but i as well am slim but not in shape cuz i do get tired easily if i run or walk up a lot of stairs haha

  • Unknown
    June 10, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

    this happens to all of us...clearly from the comments! just start with small steps...try to go to the gym once a week for a few weeks...then twice, then three times. or, now that it's summer, take a walk after dinner...I did this with my mom growing up and we loved it. it was like our routine. or, stop at the gym on your way home from work...just bring your clothes with you to work so you have no excuse not to go. :) it works for me...sometimes:)

  • Unknown
    June 16, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

    thank you! you're right... i love this post!

  • Anonymous
    June 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

    I completely agree...which is why I have given up and cancelled my gym membership today! :) I figure I'll do something more productive instead of giving them my money each month...

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin