Glasses vs. Contacts

Friday, July 24, 2009

First, thank you to everyone's great advice on my last post. You all are the best! We'll do some more thinking and decide in a few years whether to move or not.


On to another dilemma...What do you guys prefer? I definitely prefer contacts because they are more comfortable to me, and I don't have to worry about water getting on my glasses if it rains. But the fiance likes me better in glasses, and celebs have also been working the "nerdy" look.....



Even after all this, I still have to say I prefer contacts over glasses...

And I'm actually going in for a lasik consultation in a couple weeks to see if I can be a candidate for it...How awesome would it be to just wake up and be able to see and not have to worry about taking your contacts off before going to bed? It would make things so much easier, so we'll see how it goes! Have a faboosh weekend everyone! =)

60 comments: to “ Glasses vs. Contacts

  • Denysia
    July 24, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

    I totally prefer contacts over glasses as well! I'm hoping to get lasik too, but my eye doctor said that my eyes are pretty bad, and I might only be able to do an implantation. Whatever that means.

  • amynaree
    July 24, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

    I prefer contacts over glasses too! I like to wear glasses sometimes, but wearing contacts feels more natural to me...I guess i'm just so use to it! Haha i'm the same with Denysia, my eyes are too bad for lasik and my doc says i need implant surgery as well :/ Hope your lasik consultation goes well!

  • BonBon Rose Girls Kristin
    July 24, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

    I wear my glasses more because I'm lazy. I don't prefer myself with one or the other.

  • Ela
    July 24, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

    Hey Lily! I wear both, I tend to use contacts when I'm out but like glasses at home & for some reason I can't stand eating with my glasses on - I feel like they're in the way, LOL. One of my best friends had lasik done last year, she says it's the best thing she's ever done! I'm too chicken to do it myself. I hope your consultation goes well :) xx

  • Kristen
    July 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

    I had PERFECT vision until last year.... so I am now a glasses girl. If you can even believe it, I have never tried contacts. They scare me... but if I get the nerve to try them, I think it would be fun to get colored ones. But I think picking out fashionable frames can be so much fun! Now if only I could make myself look like Megan Fox in glasses...

  • Elizabeth Marie
    July 25, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

    I never wear my glasses...and I probably should. I want lasik so bad but they said I have to wait until my eyes stop changing, i.e getting worse! UGH! Good luck hun!

  • debra@dustjacket
    July 25, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

    Oh hey, I had lasik done a few years back. It's great, but I'll be honest a bit scary.

    I think all those girls have super cute glasses though.

    xxx

  • Shop N' Chomp
    July 25, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

    Thanks for the sweet comment! Remember when the Mirage rooms actually matched the THEME?

    Anywho, good luck on your consultation. I had lasik done a number of years ago and wished I'd done it sooner!

  • Free BackLink for Your Comment on My Blog
    July 25, 2009 at 1:14 AM  

    hey... beautiful blog, i like your blog :-)

  • Allison
    July 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

    I think that glasses can look cute, and they're a relief usually when I've had my contacts in forever, but since I've had an eye infection and was ordered NOT to wear my contacts, I've found that glasses can be majorly annoying.
    I love the idea of Lasik - I can't imagine waking up and just seeing absolutely perfect! Hope your consult goes well :)

  • Unknown
    July 25, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

    i got lasik 3 years ago... it IS great not having to wake up in the middle of night to go to the washroom and have to scramble around for your glasses! or have to be careful while swimming becasue either you dont have contacts or glasses on and everythings blurry or you have contacts on so you have to be careful. haha! ;P

  • Iva Messy
    July 25, 2009 at 2:15 AM  

    oh Lily! so sorry I can't help you here. I have heard a lot of great things about Lasik though. A bunch of my friends have done it and they say its one of the best things they could have done.....I love the way glasses look though :)Have a great weekend!

  • Hannah
    July 25, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

    My Mum had lasik a year ago and it's the most amazing thing ever. She cried when she could see everything! haha. You should definately go for it if you are a suitable candidate. If you want some glasses for fashion reasons then you could always get non-prescription ones!

  • Arushi Khosla
    July 25, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

    Oh, I was actually thinking about writing a post on this! I have such a high power and I mostly wear contacts bc I think I look better in them but since a month, there's been some redness in my eye, so I haven't been able to wear them. I love them, though. Glasses suit some. Contacts suit almost all. It's a pain to keep taking them off so the day I turn 18, yeah I'm getting Lasik.
    XO

  • LenoreNeverM♡re
    July 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

    My brother had the lasik done...he said it's the best thing he's done...
    Lovely weekend!
    XO*

  • A Flair for Vintage Decor
    July 25, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

    Oh, I don't wear glasses/contacts...but I think you can change up your look by going back and forth between the two (glasses and contacts) which I think is fun!! Take care, Caroline

  • Brown Girl
    July 25, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

    I worked for a Lasik surgeon for 2 years, it is awesome! I wish I was a candidate for it but of course I'm not. I hate my freaking glasses!

  • Jess
    July 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

    i think glasses are such a good accessory but prefer contacts for their convenience

  • Couture Carrie
    July 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

    I adore wearing my glasses!
    All these pics are so fabulous - I think specs are sexy!

    xoxox,
    CC

  • Cafe Fashionista
    July 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

    I always wear contacts. Perhaps because I haven't found a frame that looks sassy on my face. Megan Fox looks amazing with glasses. Perhaps I should opt for a frame similar to hers - our faces are the same shape.

    Good luck at your Lasik consultation! :)

  • TheBeautyFile
    July 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

    Not sure, I only wear my glasses to drive, but if you're going to get great glasses, Hilary Duff's are AMAZING!

  • iva yaneva
    July 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

    Definitely glasses! I love how elegant and sophisticated a woman looks with glasses :)
    my best friend had this operation (not quite sure this classifies as such) a couple of years ago and she was very happy with the result.

    have a lovely weekend! :)

  • drollgirl
    July 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

    i am with you! i have to wear contacts, but glasses are an option. i kind of hate wearing them, but sometimes folks like when you mix the look up.

    hope your weekend is fab!

  • A BIT COQUETTISH
    July 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

    I love both, but I only wear glasses when I feel the need to look professional (;

    Do enter my Current/Elliott jeans giveaway here (http://lacouturiernyc.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/a-one-year-celebration-giveaway/. Simply write your own "petite novella" (or short fashion fiction) about the outfit you/a character would wear incorporating those jeans & leave it in the comments! Have fun, be creative - you have a week!

    bisous,
    La C.

  • lindah
    July 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

    I don't need any! :) I am one of the lucky ones that have retained my eyesight for quite some time now :D haha, I hope it stays that way! So much yearly maintenance and cash spent on it :( I feel bad for you guys!!

  • Angela
    July 25, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

    i have been thinking about lasik but the idea scares me. i like both glassses and contacts, it really depends on my mood and outfit. : )

  • Winnie
    July 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

    I wear glasses and don't wear contacts. I've just never got used to contacts and haven't thought about laser eye surgery really...scary but I do know that it would be awesome to go to the movies/watch tv without wearing glasses/contacts!

  • Justine
    July 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

    I wear contacts and glasses and switch it up depending on my mood. I also bought a pair of glasses (no lenses) just for fun. I love having options!

  • Anonymous
    July 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

    very adorable glasses :)

    have a great weekend ;)

  • Summer Wind
    July 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

    I'm not a fan of glasses, I've had glasses since I was about 5 but choose to wear contacts. I have a lazy eye and that's the only reason I wear contacts, so even now, I rarely wear my contacts because my lazy eye doesn't show up often.

  • Fashion Cappuccino
    July 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

    I never worn contacts or glasses but I think glasses look cute (definitely gives off a sexy teacher/libaririan vibe!) on a lot of girls! Best wishes on your lasik consultation! xxoxoxo

  • Simply Mel {Reverie}
    July 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

    I wear both...and somedays it's fun to rock my inner nerd-self with glasses! But contacts are much easier.

    I'll look forward to hearing about the lasik, for I am a whimp when it comes to even thinking about this procedure. Please fill us in with the details...

  • Vintage Romance Style
    July 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

    I perfer contacts! I feel like a dork in glasses and feel like i look like a bum! I want Lasik soooo bad!

  • Unknown
    July 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

    I wear glasses...well sometimes...NOT all the time. Only when i really can't see, which is ALWAYS :)- It's AWARD time & one awaits you over at my blog!!!

  • Rachel Follett
    July 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

    I think it mainly depends on the person. I have a pair of non prescription glasses that I purchased because I think I look older and smarter when I where them. But I haven't had the guts to wear in fear that someone will call me out.

  • umama
    July 25, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

    I love glasses, but I also love the option of not wearing them.. and unfortunately I hate wearing contacts... SO I am mostly in glasses. You have to post info about your consultation! I am dying to hear more about it!

  • NicRTV (陳亞任)
    July 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

    My eyesight is pretty good..but I love wearing contacts...LOL..

    Thanks for your comment on my post.....I really appreciate it!!

  • Midtown Girl
    July 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

    Back in my I-banking days, I actually bought a pair of non-prescription glasses to make me look "smarter" bc I worked in an all-male environment.

    I brought them into work one day and a VP picked them up & said 'Since when did you start wearing glasses?'. He looked thru them and said 'These are just for show!'. Then he says 'It's ok, my wife does the same thing'.

    LOL! So, yes - I think glasses are very chic darling! ;-)

  • Anonymous
    July 26, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

    I know nerd chic is in but glasses on mer just scream dork. I hate them but i'm learning to be more comfy in them if I can because i'm too lazy for contacts

  • In This Wonderful Life
    July 26, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

    I think glasses can look cute on most people...if they are the right style for their face! I'm only supposed to wear them while driving at night/late at night/early in morning haha..but I never do! I bet contacts are better.good luck at your consult! :)

  • Anonymous
    July 26, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

    Great shots!

  • www.janetteria.com
    July 26, 2009 at 5:12 AM  

    Great glasses, I wear glasses for reader. :-) I have got a RayBan but I really want the vintage fashion. :-)

    XoXo

  • littletiara
    July 26, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

    I have no problem with my eyes, but my cousins do, and they use both glasses and contacts, they usually use contacts when they go out and glasses at home because well... it's easier to use, I think? And yeah, one of them think about having Lasik too, that sounds good and kind of promising ;)

  • noone
    July 26, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

    hehe I def prefer contacts- though I wear my glases twice per week to give my eyes to a rest - they say that it's good to do that since it also expose your eyes to more oxygen. I dunno I guess it's easier, contacts don't fog up when I'm eating hot things and I was a nerd growing up in HS with glasses soooo that prob has some impact in my contact wearing situation!

    I heart Jhonny Depp too! Is there a role he can't do?! Seriouslly! His kids are so lucky that they have the coolest dad!

  • Stephanie
    July 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

    I wear glasses. I've tried contacts, and I hated them. HATED.

    I have worn purple D&G frames for the past three years...and bifocal lenses...yes, bifocals.

    I've had glasses since I was 4. I don't even remember what it is like to not have to wear them. I also think I look awful without them.

    It is all about personal preference. I like to get new glasses every 5 years or so. I always go for plastic frames, but it is something new.

    Good luck with the Lasik!

  • bananas.
    July 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

    well since i posted on this not too long ago...you probably know that i am obsessed with glasses. i love 'em. but i always don't mind contacts. they're my saviors on the weekend.

  • Carol {Everyday Delights}
    July 26, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

    I love the looks of glasses! They have so many wonderful styles out there now!

  • WendyB
    July 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

    I'm starting to need reading glasses desperately but I am resisting!

  • Christina Lee
    July 27, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

    I got Lasik too and have never looked back!!

  • Ali
    July 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

    Good luck with the Lasik! I'd looove to get that done.

  • Holly
    July 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

    good luck! i hope you are a candidate. i went in and was not, only PRK for me :( must embrance my contacts and glasses.

  • Keli
    July 27, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

    glasses can be a great accessory, but that will be great to have lasik! best of luck!

  • PinkBow
    July 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

    i had lasik - THE best thing ever! i really did think it was a miracle when i woke up the net morning & could see! good luck with it :)

  • Gabriela
    July 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

    personally, i'm a big big fan of glasses (perhaps related to the fact that i've never had to wear them) but i do think they are often an accessory better suited for men... maybe because men don't get to wear earrings/necklaces/etc... anyway, as far as glasses vs contacts, i think GLASSES. and the bigger, the nerdier, the better :)

    http://petiteesthete.blogspot.com

  • Aline
    July 27, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

    I'm about 60% contacts 40% glasses....I like to be versatile!

  • Unknown
    July 27, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

    I wear my glasses for driving and when I watch tv or go to the movies...otherwise I don't need them...so I don't have contacts. I have this weird thing where I can't put something too close to my eyes...getting an eyebrow wax is traumatizing...I just don't like anyone so close to my eyeball. so bizarre, I know. I've had my makeup done a few times and forget it, I'm a basket case...
    I have a few different pairs of glasses...just another fun accessory:)

  • Unknown
    July 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

    PS--my husband had the lasik years ago (about 10 yrs ago) and he loved it but in the years since his sight has slightly reverted and he's back to contacts and glasses...it's not as bad as it was but he still has to wear his glasses.

    my sister had it and she is happier than anyone I know who did it. she had to put on her glasses to see the alarm clock and she's so much happier now...

  • B
    July 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

    i wear both too and hate them equally : )
    i think it depends on what u wear, but yeah, i would like to have lasik too but am too scared

  • Sierra
    July 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM  

    I also have thought about lasik, but I think I will wait and see if my vision gets any worse before I try it. I agree about the contacts though...glasses annoy me and seem to get in the way. Even though these ladies look fab with their glasses!

  • Jennie Bee
    July 28, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

    I wear contacts, but I really love the look of glasses, the problem I have with them is when it rains, or when I go from indoors to outdoors (they fog up) and the fact that I have no perifial vision. I thought of doing lasik also, I really want to but I am so nervous about the procedure just because you have to keep your eyes open and be awake the whole time.. ::shivers:: contacts are good for me. unless i'm playing rock band where they dry out and i can't see. then glasses are good.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin