I don't want to grow up

Friday, July 17, 2009

A friend of mine just had a baby recently, and now I'm starting to realize I'm not getting any younger! Everyone around me is getting engaged, married, having babies, and settling down. I am also engaged to be married. After the age of 21, it just feels like life passes by in a blur. It's like someone pushed the fast forward button.

I remember when I was little, I couldn't wait to grow up, but now that I am grown up, I wish I was a kid again...


Sigh, I guess that's life and a part of growing up. It's just kind of scary to think of having kids soon and starting a family!


Sometimes I wish I could just hit the rewind button, but at the same time I'm anxious to see what journeys lie ahead. I guess we'll see where life takes me...



Speaking of babies, if you know someone who just had a baby or is going to have a baby, I recommend giving them this book. It's about the everlasting love between a mother and her child. It's so touching and good...


***Don't forget to enter my Giveaway here. The deadline is TODAY (12AM EST)

65 comments: to “ I don't want to grow up

  • Simply Mel {Reverie}
    July 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

    My grandmother always says, "you are as young as you act!" So live like a child, and marvel at every single magnificent thing in this world!

    Love the book suggestion - off to purchase now!

    Happy JOYFUL/YOUTHFUL weekend to you!

  • Vintage Romance Style
    July 17, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

    OO I love that book and read it to my 2 year old little boy! The first time I read it I cried! yes I cry a lot! = )

  • Ela
    July 17, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

    That is my favourite book! It really does make a lovely present. A friend of mine claims there's a girl version too!

    21 is a long time ago for me (one day I will divulge my age, LOL). I've learned that all the important things I've planned for...life always made sure it turned out differently, like imagining I'd marry at 28 - not 23! When it happens, I just embrace it and can't wait to see what comes next. Life has good things planned for you, Lily. With a name like that-it's guaranteed :) xx

  • Unknown
    July 17, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

    yep, i guess its always like that... when you're at point A you want to be at point B but when you get there.. you wanna go back to point A! haha! and i love that book! i've read it once and its just precious! :)

  • Carol {Everyday Delights}
    July 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

    I hear ya! Time sure does fly! p.s. I tagged you on my blog!

  • Brown Girl
    July 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

    I understand what you are saying. All of my friends are getting married and heck I'm not even engaged yet! Maybe I'll just live in sin forever, ha!

  • Taylor
    July 17, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

    OMG that book!!! My second grade teacher read that to our class. She cried the entire time. And I still remember every moment of that. Thank you for reminding me!

    And yes everyone is getting marriend and having babies....hopefully me too one day soon! ;)

    Love your site! Check mine out...

    http://curlyinthecity-tek.blogspot.com/

  • Unknown
    July 17, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

    so a mom I know made me read it when we went to Barnes, (Love You Forever) and I almost burst into tears.

    That seriously is a must have book for a new mom. :)

    Oh gawd, I know what you mean about life FLYING by after 21.. I can't believe it's July already....

  • noone
    July 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

    OMG "LOVE YOU FOREVER" WAS ONE OF MY FAV BOOKS WHEN I WAS LEARNING HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!! Awwwww memories....

    Yeah it seems that Jessica gets dumped a lot lol! Have a great weekend :D

  • NicRTV (陳亞任)
    July 17, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

    I agree with you but I just enjoy life...we only got one shot at it..make it a good one!!Thanks for recommending the book...:)

  • Elizabeth Marie
    July 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

    I think we better enjoy this time...because things will change when we have kids! But I know what you mean about all your friends having them...mine too! So live it up while you can lady!! :)

  • TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking
    July 17, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

    I am so with you... I feel like life is going so fast, sometimes it is hard to hold on! Its just a reminder to enjoy life everyday. I love that book... my mom has always given that to anyone she know having a child. She always read that book to us while we were growing up. I think I have it memorized! What a great post, I feel the same way!

  • Children of the 90s
    July 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

    I still feel like a kid sometimes, it's hard for me to view myself as a real-live grownup. I did love that book, though. Reading it now makes me cry.

  • josie(bean)
    July 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

    ahh i remember having that book as a kid, i loved it! and oh boy youre scaring me with the rapid growing up past 21 thing, all i can think of is billsbillsbills and financesfinancesfinances!! haha. as for babies, im NOT looking forward to pop one out anytime soon as i am only 21, and people are commonly accepting having kids at 30 more and more these days (again, you can thank budgeting problems for that one!). thankfully i have an older sis and bro who have kids that i love and adore, but dont have to deal with their tantrums hehe :)

    you will be just fine girlie; you have a whole, bright future ahead of you so dont worry about time flying by - just live each day to the fullest :)

  • Shanna Suburbia
    July 17, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

    I'm 23 but instead of wishing to be a kid again, I kinda wish I could just pause at this age forever.

  • BonBon Rose Girls Kristin
    July 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

    Are you a Toys R Us kid?

  • paula
    July 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

    time does fly. I am about to be 29 and have 2 kiddos. When did all that happen!?!? Have a great weekend.

  • Aline
    July 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

    I am so with you on this....it seems like just days ago I was 21 and about to be married!

  • MizzJ
    July 17, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

    I know what you mean! Life just keeps speeding up faster and faster. Don't worry, you are only as young as you feel :)

  • Kassie
    July 17, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

    I know exactly what you mean! I'm not even engaged (or close to it ha!) and it seems like everyone is getting married, having kids, and settling down. Can we slow down please? :)

  • Annie
    July 17, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

    great post and i totally know what you mean!
    i'm turning 26 on monday. i always thought by this age i'd be married and have at least one baby! but nope...ha!

  • Dream Sequins
    July 17, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

    Being married is great fun. I highly recommend it to all. Obviously, the next thing on our to do list is having kids. Not sure I'm ready to jump into that very adult category yet. Eeek!

  • Sierra
    July 17, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

    Aww, I want a family so bad but I know I am happy right now enjoying my 20's so I am willing to wait...I totally grew up on that book and it is the best. Really touches my heart whenever I pull it out!

  • Unknown
    July 17, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

    this happens to everyone...I promise. enjoy your 20s! when you're in your 30s like me you'll see how fabulous and fun it was to be in your 20s and it will make you all the better and secure in your 30s. I can't explain it...it's just gets better and better and the babies will come. :)
    xx
    happy weekend!

  • Ali
    July 17, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

    Only one of my favorite books. EVER.

  • Syed
    July 17, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

    Although time is a constant, it has a funny way of passing by when you least expect it. I have to age, but I don't have to grow old :) I am sure than even when we are all elderly, we will still be able to find that inner child within us somewhere.

  • LenoreNeverM♡re
    July 17, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

    I agree with Simply Mell's comment...I feel like a child...there's a difference between chidish & childlike I think... Great FUN weekend!!! Weeehhh....(see, what did I tell you...haha*)

  • bananas.
    July 17, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

    love you forever is my FAVORITE childhood book. i still cry whenever i read it. aw i love my mom.

  • Magdalena
    July 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

    I'm on board with Simply Mel and Lenorenevermore...the older I get the younger I live. I laugh hysterically everyday, have an amazing family and friends. I love being 43 more than anything plus I think I'm looking better the older I get (I take very good care of myself!!! But its the Happiness and Love that shines through) It really does keep getting better. BTW. I have three copies of that book and everytime I read it to one of my kids I cry, (they laugh at me but I still cry)
    Love your blog
    xoxo
    Bunny

  • Gracie
    July 17, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

    I understand where you're coming from. I feel the same. I'm engaged to be married as well and I'm excited but I know that after this I won't feel so young anymore. I frequently wish I was still a child =) Great post!

  • Dirt On The Rocks
    July 17, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

    i know what you mean. i'm due to have a baby anytime soon. i'm excited, but at the same time i feel like i grew up too fast or i'm growing up too fast and i obviously cant turn back time. it's crazy, but i suppose it really just is life.

  • debra@dustjacket
    July 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

    I'll remember that book, your right time just disappears after 21, woosh!xxxx

    Have a lovely weekend sweetie.

  • Nikolett
    July 17, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

    Ahh, I absolutely adore that book. And lady, take your time with things. It sucks that it takes getting older to appreciate being younger (I've gone through the same thing), but you don't have to be at the same pace as everyone else. Friends I know are getting engaged/married/having babies and I'm nowhere near that point -- but I feel ok with it. Life goes by so fast, yes -- but make sure that wherever you're standing is where you want to be, not where you think you should be because everyone else is there :) Just my two cents!

    I hope you have an amazing weekend! <3

  • Carlene
    July 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

    I remember that book!!!!

    itsheavenly.blogspot.com

  • Caroline at Caroline's Lost and Found
    July 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

    Oh, I completely agree...as I am quickly approaching 30!!! Take care, Caroline

  • Shop N' Chomp
    July 17, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

    Haha...cute book cover

  • Tiff
    July 18, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

    That book cover is cute...I think I've heard of it before unless I'm confusing it with something else. For me it seems like time's been going by extremely fast since I turned 18 :/.

  • Arushi Khosla
    July 18, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

    Well, I'm a mere 15 year old but I still get what you mean. When you're in the 5th grade, all you want is to be in High School and go to prom :P
    But sometimes now, I just wish I could hit the rewing button and just ...relax, you know?

    Insightful post ;)

    Kisses! XX
    A*
    http://www.FabBlab.blogspot.com

  • Laiza
    July 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

    I totally agree with you! Gosh I'm turning 30 this month and I don't want to... :(

  • Couture Carrie
    July 18, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

    I can totally empathize, darling! All my friends and even 2 of my 3 younger siblings are married and most have kids too. And here I am still single!

    xoxox,
    CC

  • PinkBow
    July 18, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

    life really does pass you by, scary!

  • R.C.
    July 18, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

    its so true... all of my friends are having babies and getting married and are only 24! What the hell?!?!?!? It's suuuuper weird to me! You've just gotta take every day as it comes my dear :)

  • Nicole Marie
    July 18, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

    me too!! i watch little kids just running around playing and pretending their princesses and long for those days! but i'm thankful that i can grow up and experience life as an adult.

    and yes that book is adorable!!

  • Liz
    July 18, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

    These are so sweet!
    I tagged you on my blog.

  • Elaine
    July 18, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

    That book makes me cry it's so sweet!!! I don't want to grow up either, I wish I were still young and carefree but adult responsibilities are slowly taking over..... Ugh!!! Hahaha


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

  • Madeleine
    July 18, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

    Tell me about it. I am turning 30 at the end of the year and i am FREAKING OUT BIG TIME. Anyway I love your blog! I’ve just added you as one my faves. If you like to add me as well i will really appreciate that. Just trying to network with other creative souls.

  • kadler
    July 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

    Aww, I used to love that book! It's perfect for any child :)

    But I agree - since when did time start going so fast?

  • www.janetteria.com
    July 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

    Oh yeaah, I agree with U. I wish I was a kid again... :-)

    XoXo

  • This chick's got style
    July 19, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

    Such cute pics!!
    And thanks for your sweet comment!

    x!

  • Cafe Fashionista
    July 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

    To tell you the truth, there is nothing that I would love more than to simply have the ability to freeze time and remain a certain age for all of eternity. The age I would stay? Twelve...don't ask me why. :)

  • nicole mountz
    July 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

    that book makes me cry, everytime. everytime i swear. ahh, i agree withe verything you said.. so many of my friends are engaged, even pregnant and it makes me anxious to start that part of my life...but then scared and wanting to be young again! ah life is one big adventure!

  • Rachel Follett
    July 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

    I just got married and I will be 26 in a month. I know how you feel to have so many of your friends having babies around you and now that I am married everyones question is "so when are you going to have a baby?". I keep thinking about the advantages and disadvantages of having a child and I really don't think I am ready yet. Its not about still wanting to be a kid for me. I really want to focus on my career and travel before I have kids. I am thinking that 30-32 will be a good age for me. I am sure whatever you decide will be great. Congrats on your engagement!

  • Kristen
    July 19, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

    I love that book... so sweet!

  • Winnie
    July 19, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

    Oh I want to read that book now...pity I don't know any pregnant women at the moment.

    I think kids make you younger in some ways, you can act silly around them!

  • Keith
    July 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

    My brother and his wife had their first child back in January. It was a boy. I adore my little nephew. This is the first grandchild for my parents. It does make me feel bad at times that while I'm the eldest child I've not had any children of my own. Plus I'm pushing 40.

  • Amanda K
    July 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

    hmmm....I know exactly what you mean.

  • B
    July 19, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

    been feeling the same way lately. i hear ya...

  • Gabriela
    July 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

    awwww my grandmother bought me that book when i was a kid, i absolutely love it! i still have it :)

    http://petiteesthete.blogspot.com

  • Anonymous
    July 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

    Oh Im so right there with you. eveyrone I know is getting married and having babies too. it's a wierd feeling

  • Angela
    July 19, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

    me too, i don't want to grow up but i have to.... : )

  • trishie
    July 20, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

    I can't agree more! I want to be a kid again...although I still am in many ways. :)

  • Jennie Bee
    July 20, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

    I'm the same way. When I was a kid.. all i wanted to be was an adult and now that i'm an adult i just want to go back to being a kid.

  • Bridechka
    July 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

    Love this post. I feel this way a lot recently.

  • Gaia
    July 22, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

    me neither!
    I don't want to grow: too many problems, thoughts...NO NO NO!

  • Polygnome
    September 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

    awww, I had that book growing up. My mom would start crying whenever she got to the end though, and it always made me feel super awkward. lol. but it is very sweet!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin